The 5 R’s of Water Damage and Repair
Nobody expects a disaster. Making sure that your homeowners are prepared will go a long way to helping them when something catastrophic happens. Here’s some information you can pass on to homeowners about water damage and repair:
When it comes to water damage what you don’t know really can hurt you! Water damage can result in increased insurance rates, decreased resale value of home and property, and even health issues for years to come if not properly – and promptly – repaired. Learn how to protect yourself and your family from water related damage with these quick tips:
1. React Fast. Time is of the essence. When water damage takes place it is imperative to contact a water damage and extraction company as soon as possible. Don’t wait until the next morning – search for providers that offer 24/7 support! Mold and mildew can begin growing within 24 to 48 hours!
2. Remove. Until all the water is extracted and the humidity levels returned to normal, it may be necessary to remove furniture and other items from the area even if they aren’t in direct contact with the water. High humidity and general unsanitary conditions may contaminate other items. Work with a reputable water damage repair service that provides relocation and storage assistance for your belongings.
3. Report. Extensive water related damages often require the financial support of insurance – after all, that is what insurance is for. Don’t risk the health and security of your family and investments by trying to do it yourself; instead, locate a reputable water damage and restoration company that works with insurance to help you begin the process of restoring your property.
4. Renew. Sometimes it is necessary to eliminate contaminated items – especially if the water damage is due to sewage overflow, flood waters or other potentially harmful water sources. The rule of thumb is “if in doubt – throw it out”. A qualified water restoration expert can assist in providing valuable information on whether or not your belongings are safe to keep and capable of being cleaned.
5. Review. Water damage can impact the entire home including air quality, drywall, upholstery and even hardwood flooring. Save time and money by dealing with a company capable of providing full service when you need it. When searching for a water damage repair, water damage restoration and water damage extraction company, consider a full service company that provides carpet, wood floor restoration, air vent cleaning and upholstery cleaning with just one call. It saves valuable time and money so you can get your home – and life- back to normal.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1237586